Scholarships for the 2012 - 2013 cycle have been awarded. We are not currently accepting applications for 2015-2016, but please stay tuned for updates.
Current CV (doc, docx or pdf format to be emailed)
Personal faith statement
- Description of project/missions trip
- Estimated budget
- Description of prior experience in resource-limited setting
- Language proficiency (if necessary)
- Letter of support from the resource-limited site of proposed field experience. Please let us know if this is not feasible due to logistical concerns.
- A confidential letter of support from a pastor or spiritual mentor who can speak for the applicant's spiritual maturity. The letter should be sent directly by the recommending individual to email@example.com.
- If not a CMDA member, a confidential letter of support from a CMDA member.
For student applicants, membership is required. Click here to become a member.
- Signed Statement of Faith and Waiver of Liability (Click here to print. Must be signed, scanned, and emailed).
Completed online application
CMDAnyc Medical Missions Scholarships
In our commitment to improve access to health care and medical training worldwide, CMDAnyc will provide approved applicants funding to deliver medical services and medical training in resource-limited settings.
The applicant must be one of the following:
1) a licensed physician or dentist
2) a medical or dental fellow
3) a medical or dental resident
4) a third or fourth year medical or dental student
AWARDS & CONDITIONS:
For medical or dental students: CMDA membership required. Click here to join (FREE for students). The missions trip must be a minimum of 4 weeks at the resource-limited site. Preference will be given to those committing to longer than 4 weeks at the site.
For attending, fellow, and resident level physicians and dentists, CMDA membership is not required. If the applicant is a non-member, a letter of support from a member is required. The missions trip must be a minimum of 1 week at the resource-limited site. Preference will be given to those committing more than 2 weeks of time.
The proposed missions trip must be in a resource-limited setting and provide the applicant with at least one of the following: The opportunity to deliver clinical or community-based healthcare and/or the opportunity to participate in the medical education of local healthcare workers or physicians in training.
Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis.
ALL TRAVEL MUST BEGIN ON OR BEFORE
DECEMBER 31, 2014.
Each award is up to a maximum of $1,000
Awards are distributed in two installments:
 75% prior to departure and  25% upon return and satisfactory completion of a report.
In order to receive the first installment of the award prior to departure date, applications must be received at least 90 days prior to the departure date. Applications received less than 90 days prior to departure date may be awarded, but the first installment may not be available until after the applicant's return from the project.
The awardee is required to report on the project at a CMDAnyc event using visual aids. In the event the awardee is not able to present in person, a written report (500-1000 words) describing the work performed with any key photographs may be submitted, with permission from the review committee.
In the event the awardee is not able to complete the missions project in its entirety, all funds must be returned to CMDAnyc.
All details of the missions project, including travel arrangements, and all liabilities thereof are the responsibility of the applicant and the sending organization.